Friday, July 29, 2011

...And This Is Exactly Why My Blog Is Called What It Is....

When I started organizing my obedience/rally show-n-go (it's tomorrow!!!) I knew I needed obedience jumps for three out of the four rings.  I don't have any obedience jumps, but I started inquiring amongst the club members to see if I could borrow a set from anyone.
One member - Cat- (name changed so you can't confront the ridiculous) has jumps.  I asked to borrow them and heard a shopping list of reasons/excuses as to why I probably wouldn't want to borrow them.  One of the reasons was "they need repairing".  I said "that's fine with me.....I'll fix them for free in exchange for letting me use them."  But she still behaved like she just really didn't want to loan them to me, so I dropped the subject.
Several months go by before I see Cat at another 4H function where she asked:  "Do you still need my jumps?"  I said "Yes!!! I still need them!"  She said, "OK.....I'll bring them to our next function." (in two weeks).  When I arrived that morning I asked her "did you bring the jumps?"  She had clearly forgotten them, but said she would call me tuesday of this past week,  I said "that's perfect.....it'll give me a few days to fix whatever needs fixing".
No phone call.  By now, tiring of her wishy-washy attitude I have found other club members with jumps.  Imagine my surprise when I checked my messages yesterday afternoon and hear Cat's voice.
"hey.....I'm not available after tomorrow morning because I'm leaving town for the weekend, and I just don't know how I'm going to manage to get these jumps to you..."  Her whole tone was annoyed and irritated...like it was a major inconvenience or something.  Hello?  What happened to Tuesday?  Like.....when I pick them up (when ?!?!?) I'm going to fix them (when?!?!?!)
How shall we say I did not bother to respond to the voice mail....:P

No comments:

Post a Comment